TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to Verified by Pi™!
These Terms and conditions govern your use of Verified by Pi and provide information about the Verified by Pi services, outlined below. When you create an account on Verified by Pi or use our services, you agree to these terms.
The Verified by Pi is a software product of Serbian IT company “Technology Partnership”, so these Terms and conditions are a legally binding contract between you and “Technology Partnership” (TP). This contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use Verified by Pi application and website, so please read it carefully.
1. WHAT ARE WE OFFERING YOU?
We are providing you with Verified by Pi software, currently available for the Android platform. It is a tool that automatically, in a unique way, verifies the authenticity of your photos. Using this application makes it easy to find out whether an image is authentic or at least somewhat processed. Just one click, or just a fraction of a second, is enough for the user to obtain a certificate of authenticity and proof of authenticity of the photo. The Verified by Pi services are based on the block-chain technology.
How we do that?
The Verified by Pi application is started by simply clicking on the appropriate button to activate the service. This opens a page in the program where the photo can be verified. Selecting the first option activates the camera on the phone through which a photo can be taken. The difference with the standard camera application is that the user here also has a special button through which the user can see the photo on which the “Verified by Pi” security mark is added, as well as the corresponding QR code.
Photo verification is done by calculating its hash value and adding a cryptographic signature, which is further sent to a secure server. The hash value and the cryptographic signature are later used to identify the photograph. Any modification will change both the hash values and the cryptographic signature, so they will not match the information stored on the server. This is irrefutable proof that the photo was modified.
The process is very simple:
1) Original photo. The user opens Verified by Pi Android App or Integrated Camera and takes a photo using any available camera.
2) Verified photo. Using Verified by Pi technology, the photo is being taken and verified at the same time which eliminates any possibility for faking. The cryptographic signature of the taken photo is securely saved on servers that could be hosted by TP or any desired provider.
3) Editing photo. Any later modification of the photo will change its cryptographic signature and invalidate verification.
4) Photo is modified. After the photo was modified, the usage of Verified by Pi technology will prove that the photo is fake.
5) Compare. The user makes the verification request for the desired photo available on the phone storage. A symbol in the top right corner of the screen indicates if the photo is real or fake.
2. ACCOUNT RULES
Users will need to create a Verified by Pi account in order to use Services. Here are a few rules about your account.
1) No age restriction. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age are permitted to use our Services through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission and under their direct supervision. Parent or legal guardian are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by a minor on the account.
2) How to create the Verified by Pi account. To create an account for Verified by Pi application, you need to enter a valid phone number and password that you want to have. If you enter everything correctly, you will receive a confirmation on that phone number.
3) Choose an appropriate name. If you decide to not have your full name serve as the name associated with your account, you may not use language that is offensive, vulgar, or infringes someone’s intellectual property rights, or otherwise violates Terms and conditions.
4) Protect your password. The key aspects of a strong password are length (the longer the better); a mix of letters (upper and lower case), numbers, and symbols, no ties to your personal information, and no dictionary words. Please have this in mind when creating a Verified by Pi account.
5) Responsibility. You’re solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you’re sharing an account with other people, then the person whose information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you’re registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to these Terms and conditions on behalf of the business. Also, your accounts are not transferable.
3. PERMISSIONS YOU GIVE TO US
In order for us to provide you with the Services, we need you to give us the following permissions.
1) Camera. We need permission to access your camera in order for us to make our services available to you, because image signing and validation is only possible if the images were created through the application.
2) Location. Permission to access your location using GPS for high accuracy, and cellular data and Wi-Fi for approximate accuracy. Location information can facilitate the user registration process, and may also be important in cases where it is necessary to store information about where the photo was taken.
4. HOW YOU CAN’T USE VERIFIED BY PI!
By using our Services, you agree on behalf of yourself, your users and your attendees, not to (1) modify, prepare derivative works of, or reverse engineer, our Services; (2) knowingly or negligently use our Services in a way that abuses or disrupts our networks, user accounts, or the Services; (3) transmit through the Services any harassing, indecent, obscene, fraudulent, or unlawful material; (4) market, or resell the Services to any third party; (5) use the Services in violation of applicable laws, or regulations; (6) use the Services to send unauthorized advertising, or spam; (7) harvest, collect, or gather user data without their consent; or (8) transmit through the Services any material that may infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of third parties, (9)for any unlawful purpose; (10) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (11) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (12) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (13) to submit false or misleading information; (14) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (15) to collect or track the personal information of others; (17) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (18) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (19) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
We’re providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
TP reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Verified by Pi Services. Using the Services does not give you any ownership in our Services or the content or information made available through our Services. You acknowledge that we retain all proprietary right, title and interest in the Services, our name, logo or other marks and any related intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, all modifications, enhancements, derivative works, and upgrades thereto. You agree that you will not use or register any trademark, service mark, business name, domain name or social media account name or handle which incorporates in whole or in part the “Technology Partnership” and Verified by Pi, or is similar to any of these. Users are solely responsible for the copyright of all the content uploaded using our Services or on our site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither TP, nor our employees or directors shall be liable from and against any third-party claims regarding the violation of the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secret or other proprietary rights. Also we will not be liable including, without limitation, reasonable attorney fees and costs, regardless of the form of action or claim that arises out of or is in connection to the copyrighted work. If TP gets sued because of something that you did, you agree to defend indemnify us against claims of misappropriation, infringement, and invalid licensing of the copyrighted work.
6. WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY RULES
WE WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL CONFORM TO THE SERVICE DESCRIPTIONS UNDER NORMAL USE. We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable. You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The Service and all products and services delivered to you through the Service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement. In no case shall we, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
7. PAYMENT INFORMATIONS
Verified by Pi may only be used free by private individuals for private, non-commercial purposes. If you are a business, non-profit organization, association or government body wishing to use our services in your day-to-day business, or other commercial use please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. INDEMNIFICATION RULES
9. DISPUTES RULES
1) With other Users. If you find yourself in a dispute with another user of Verified by Pi or a third party, we encourage you to contact the other party and try to resolve the dispute amicably.“Technology Partnership” will attempt to help you resolve disputes in good faith and based solely on our interpretation of our policies, in our sole discretion; we will not make judgments regarding legal issues or claims. “Technology Partnership” has no obligation to resolve any disputes. You release “Technology Partnership” from any claims, demands, and damages arising out of disputes with other users or parties.
2) Disputes with “Technology Partnership”. If you’re upset with us, let us know, and hopefully we can resolve your issue. But if we can’t, then these rules will govern any legal dispute involving our Services:
– Governing Law. The Terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Serbia and GDPR, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. These laws will apply regardless of your place of residence.
– Modifications. If we make any changes to this “Disputes with “Technology Partnership” section after the date you last accepted the Terms and conditions, those changes will not apply to any claims filed in a legal proceeding against “Technology Partnership” prior to the date the changes became effective. “Technology Partnership” will notify you of substantive changes to the “Disputes with “Technology Partnership” section at least 30 days prior to the date the change will become effective. If you do not agree to the modified terms, you may send “Technology Partnership” a written notification (including email) or close your account within those 30 days. By rejecting a modified term or permanently closing your account, you agree to arbitrate any disputes between you and “Technology Partnership” in accordance with the provisions of this “Disputes with “Technology Partnership” section as of the date you last accepted the Terms and conditions, including any changes made prior to your rejection. If you reopen your closed account or create a new account, you agree to be bound by the current version of the Terms and conditions.
10. TERMINATION RULES
1) Termination by You. The option to permanently delete a user account is not currently available through the application, but the log out option is available and exists in the main menu. To permanently delete an account, you need to send an email to email@example.com with a clear request. After checking, the account will be deleted and you will be notified by email. Terminating your account will delete all your personal data. However, it will not affect previously made log files prior to termination, which will be used, in pseudonymized way for general user statistics.
2) Termination By Us. We may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice. If we do so, it’s important to understand that you don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Services, for example Technology Partnership may refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason.
3) Discontinuing the Services. Technology Partnership reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue any of the Verified by Pi Services at any time, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the Services may have on you.
4) Survival of Terms and conditions. The Terms and conditions will remain in effect even after your access to the Verified by Pi Service is terminated, or your use of the Verified by Pi Service ends.
11. TERMS AND CONDITIONS CHANGING RULES
You can review the most current version of the Terms and conditions at any time at the Verified by Pi app or website. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and conditions by posting updates and changes to our app or website. It is your responsibility to check our app or website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our app or the website following the posting of any changes to these Terms and conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes.
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS
1) Third-party links. Certain content, products and services available via our Verified by Pi app or website may include materials from third-parties. Third-party links on this app may direct you to third-party websites or apps that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party. Technology Partnership has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites, apps or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Technology Partnership shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites, apps or services.
2) Software. Technology Partnership warrants that the Verified by Pi IS NOT OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE.
If you have any questions about these Terms and conditions, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.